Administrative and Program Manager
The Maine Federation of Humane Societies is a cohesive statewide network of humane organizations working to support animal welfare groups, promote the adoption of homeless animals and responsible pet ownership, and to end pet overpopulation and animal cruelty through education, outreach, and advocacy. We are looking for a detail oriented, tech savvy animal advocate to manage the workflow of the organization and support the implementation of our strategic plan. This position is part-time, flexible hours, with the possibility of full time. Work from your home office and help us make a difference for animals in Maine.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the organization’s communications and social media platforms
- Maintain the Federations website and calendar
- Ensure Maine Share requirements are met annually
- Maintain the organization’s Google Drive and G-Suite tools
- Engage with funders and pursue grant opportunities
- Assist in the implementation of strategic plan strategies as requested
- Coordinate board meetings and quarterly open meetings
- Manage mailing list
- Coordinate event logistics as needed
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and licensing requirements
- Generate and solicit content for newsletters, blog posts and website
- Represent MFHS at events and meetings as needed
- Other duties as requested
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of information technology, website management, social media platforms and communication tools
- Proven, effective and professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Development experience including grant writing and solicitation preferred
- Knowledge of volunteer coordination and event planning
- Interest in and knowledge of animal welfare related issues
- Strong organizational skills
Working Environment / Conditions
- Remote position with some travel required; flexible schedule with occasional weekends and/or evenings.
To Apply please send letter of interest and resume to Abigail Smith, Board Treasurer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back soon for information about the 2022 legislative session.